I suggest you ...

Declutter comments

Currently, the comments system is a mess. Translators sometimes need to discuss some problem which is bound to their language only, but due to the way the comments system is built now, everyone else in the world sees their conversation. This creates one big stream of unrelated messages in different lanaguages and alphabets. It's a really terrible user experience.

89 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

5 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • KumasasaKumasasa commented  · 

Or even more simple:
        Tanslators see by default only the comments of their current language, but can enable to see the other language's comments too.

• DobypetiDobypeti commented  · 

Maybe there should be a "global" and a "language-specific" comment section...
        - Global: every user in every language can see the comments
        - Language-specific: for example, if a hungarian user (translator, etc) writes a comment in the "hungarian comment section", only the hungarian users can see the comment

• KumasasaKumasasa commented  · 

But translators / proofreaders of other languages often participate on discussions in foreign languages. This is a major advantage which outperforms the major disadvantage of being cluttered.
        When discussions about single translations in a certain language tend to grow too large, simply open a discussion thread, post a comment in the translation comment "Please discuss here <link to the discussion thread>"

• SteinvikelSteinvikel commented  · 

see discussions on other languages about a same word help me often, especially for lack of context... but you are right, some times (often) the discuss is about an issue that is specific to the target language.

Feedback and Knowledge Base