Collaborative Translation Tool

How can we make Crowdin better?

I suggest you ...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Please add U2F security key support as 2 factor authentication

U2F security keys are the safest 2FA option, phishing resistant and fastest to login. Please add it.

126 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Language-specific description (guidelines)

Proofreaders should be able to create and manage a pinned description area for the languages they proofread.

That text could be used to guide the new translators on how they should translate the project.

For example:

* formal vs informal wording
    * link to a project glossary
    * examples of language-specifc errors to prevent
    * what areas of the project need the most attention in the language
    * whether some characters need to be used or avoided (umlauts, specific quotation marks)
    * highlighting certain discussions that must be read

I think the best place for this description field is directly…

67 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Being able to add a custom note to the join request on a specific language

Hello, I am one of the Proofreaders on the Discord Translation Project, me and all the managers/proofreaders are asking for a note system for the join application of the project.

I did a mock-up of what it should looks like: https://i.imgur.com/S2ZHOjg.png

We are asking for this because we are trying to get good and active translators into the project since most of them are applying but then not submitting and voting translations.

258 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Filter option for machine translated strings under “Waiting for approval”

In Proofreading Mode, have a separate filter under “Waiting for approval” for MT matches. At the moment it’s not possible to filter out the MT matches that need to be approved. You can only generally filter for strings translated by MT or TM. It would be great to have 3 filters under “Waiting for approval” for MT matches, leverage from TM and strings edited/translated by a human translator.

Also it would be great if machine translated strings had a different colored bubble in the Editor. Maybe strings edited by a human could be green, TM leverage could be blue and…

22 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Add new item "name" or "term" to the "Part of speech"

In the "Edit Term" pop-up dialog, add an item called "name" or "term" to the pull-down list for "Part of speech" (or name it whatever suits it best).
    The original strings for translating often have product names (i.e. GitLab Pages), or pecific terms (i.e. "Commit") which should not be translated. So this new item could be used in such cases.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Show "API" or so in activity instead of project/account owner's name

Currently I see my name as the project/account owner in the activity for all actions done via API. It would be much better to see something like "API" instead.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. 4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Ability to modify permissions of certain roles

For example, removing the permission to accept/deny project join requests from the proodreader role

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Difference checker between suggested translations

Sometimes different translators suggest similar translations, differing just in a few words (sometimes to make a correction, sometimes to chose one or more possible terms for the original word). Depending on the size of the translation, it can be difficult to check exactly what are the exact differences and I often find myself checking the text difference using third party webapps.

I think it would help proofreaders if Crowdin had native support for this feature, allowing them to compare two translations and mark the differences between them

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Possibility to edit string identifier an file association

It would be great if it would be possible to edit the identifier and file of a string in the Strings-Tab. While the development the strings often gets restructured and changed and without that option it becomes more and more disorganized in the project.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Add support for filenames as translation strings

I am translating Markdown files through Crowdin.
    All files are named in their respective language.

I would like to have a string showing up on Crowdin in that file that represents the filename. Then I can translate it to whatever I want and when exporting, the file has the filename I specified in the specific language I translated it to before.

Example:
    Original filename in en-US: Payment.md
    Filename for the translated file in de-DE: Zahlung.md

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. add quality check/spelling flags to translation mode

the QA check and the flagging of misspelled words in the proofreading mode is great. hoewever would be aweseom if some similar feature could be added to the translation mode as well

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Support escaped curly braces ({}) in ICU message format

In my project, I use the raw characters { and } as they are used in core user functionality. However, there is no current way for me to use these characters when also using the ICU message format.

The official specifications states that curly braces should be escaped within quoted literal strings '{' '}' http://userguide.icu-project.org/formatparse/messages#TOC-Quoting-Escaping

This ICU formatting guide also supports this syntax https://messageformat.github.io/messageformat/page-guide

I cannot proceed with localisation of my project without support for escaping curly braces. I hope that this is possible. Thank you.

39 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Suggestion for context

In a Playframework, our translation keys look like this: campaign.cta.notification.edit.body

It would be great if, in the context section, you could show all the translation keyed under `campaign.cta.notification.edit`.

In our specific case, we have 2 keys: `campaign.cta.notification.edit.header` and `campaign.cta.notification.edit.body`. Separately, they don't make sense. But, when combining them into one sentence, it makes sense.

The reason why we separate one sentence into two translation keys is because one part is in bold and the other part isn't (as in <strong>campaign.cta.notification.edit.header</strong> campaign.cta.notification.edit.body)

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Add keyboard shortcut for "Lack of context information" comment

Please add keyboard shortcut for "Lack of context information" comment. I use this type of comments very often, and it's very frustrating to do 5 mouse clicks just for open context info request.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. make Settings > Files page aware of crowdin.yml

On our project's Files page, all the source files appear in red text. Mouseover reveals this message:
    "Wrong export pattern. Translations will not be exported for the languages that share the same language code."

This message appears because our export pattern includes %two_letters_code%, even though we have two versions of Chinese as target languages.

However, our crowdin.yml file has a "language_mapping" section that takes care of this. Both Chinese versions export perfectly, and their filenames are perfect.

Therefore, these errors are invalid. If the Files page could read and process the crowdin.yml file, it could avoid displaying these inaccurate and…

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. report downloads

it would be great if we there are download buttons for reports, like progress report for each project language wise

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Allow proofreaders to unhide strings in their own language

I have translators who I trust, so they are proofreaders, but each time they see an improperly translated string, they have to let me know so I can unhide it before they can fix it... very time consuming. Should have an option in user profile to allow them to unhide strings only for locked languages.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

It might be something we’ll consider in the future, but not right now. (due to current architecture).. If string is hidden, it is hidden in all languages. If you make it visible, it will become visible in each language. Once there will be the possibility to manage source strings in each language separately, we’ll definitely implement your request

19. Add declension feature for languages like Georgian

e.g. "%(points)s points to %(title)s". In this string "%(title)s" is a text - level 1, level 2 etc. When translating into Georgian the text "level 1" needs declension, but because it's a variable in the string not much can be done.

So it would be great if Crowdin add feature to handle such situations.

I'm not sure but it looks like it should work, something like this. https://support.crowdin.com/icu-message-syntax/

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Incorrect flag for Mapudungun and Cherokee

Mapudungun is incorrectly represented with the Chilean flag, replace it with the Wenufoye, see https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flag_of_the_Mapuches.
    Furthermore, Cherokee is incorrectly represented with the United States flag, please use the Cherokee Nation flag instead, see https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flag_of_the_Cherokee_Nation

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 19 20
  • Don't see your idea?

Collaborative Translation Tool

Feedback and Knowledge Base